You can get sick leave up to 7 days after the doctor's assessment. Please note the following:
- The sick leave is sent electronically and goes automatically to NAV, employer and you as a patient, who receives notification by SMS or email. You must then log into NAV's web pages and fill out the rest of the sick leave, and then send it electronically to your employer.
- You must contact us on the same day you have sick leave. We can not backdate sick leave. Remember that you can also use your self-certification for the first 3 days.
- You receive a maximum of 1 sick leave per 3 months via KRY.
- As a general rule, we do not extend sick leave that you have received from other healthcare professionals outside of KRY. If you have received sick leave from your GP or other physician, you should contact them if you need to prolong your sick leave.
- Work Incapacity for example social or economic issues and such do not entitle you to sickness benefits under Folketrygdloven $ 8-4. In KRY, we must relate to this, and therefore do not write sick leave in such cases.
- We do not write sick leave in case of absence due to sick child or babysitters's illness